Posted by Jesse Phillips on October 31, 2012 9 Comments
Happy Halloween from Neuyear.net!
As you can see, even we calendar makers can get into the holiday spirit...
That's me, the owner of Neuyear in all my yellow banana glory...
Help me out and buy a 2013 calendar. I promise it will wipe the scowl from my face ;)
Posted by Jesse Phillips on May 21, 2012 3 Comments
Here's another stab at a rough draft - it has school year dates, and school year title. And it has some different formatting ideas in there:
- solid blue lines dividing months (a couple different format ideas)
- mini blue line under Wednesday dates, to set-off wednesday. Because starting the week with Monday is jarring for some, it may help to emphasize wednesday, so days surrounding it are easier to find, at a glance. A visual indicator for Wednesdays may help to more quickly find the other days of the week.
- mini blue lines above all the dates (this was kind-of an accident, but it might be cool) - removed this in the middle right column to see comparison.
Posted by Jesse Phillips on May 07, 2012 33 Comments
Based on the data I got in the recent survey, here is a rough draft design idea for my next calendar version:
- includes weekends!
- larger calendar: 30" x 42" (3" wider & taller)
- large month indicators, so you can find months easier
- ligher blue/green - easier to write on blue square
- weekends in light gray, sets off the weekend visually
- larger weekday indicators at top, no more headline
- dotted lines between days (vert lines). less ink = less visual clutter.
What do you think?